14 Must Reads For The Overwhelmed Mom
Yes, I know. So, it’s been a hot minute since my last blog post BUT sh*t happens and I’ve been an overwhelmed mom lately. The end of 2018 and beginning of 2019 has been a bit hectic with traveling and personal struggles. With that being said, there’s no better way to start off the year than self-care and empowerment.
One thing I recommend to everyone, especially overwhelmed moms, is to make reading a priority. So find 10 to 15 minutes and do it as often as you can. Because if you’re anything like me, you’ll make excuses on how time is limited right? So WRONG! As chaotic as your day might be, you can make, and do have, enough time.
Below I’ve linked 14 books, on Amazon, that will help you fight the “mom funk” and feeling of failure that consumes us on a daily basis. Motherhood is a struggle but through reading and connecting with other moms, you’ll never be alone.
Books For The Overwhelmed Mom
- Shitty Mom: The Parenting Guide for the Rest of Us by Laurie Kilmartin, Karen Moline, Alicia Ybarbo, and Mary Ann Zoellner
- The Empowered Mama: How To Reclaim Your Time and Yourself While Raising A Happy, Healthy Family by Lisa Druxman
- The Magic of Motherhood: The Good stuff, the Hard Stuff, and Everything In Between by Ashlee Gadd
- Mothering with Courage: The Mindful Approach to Becoming A Mom Who Listens More, Worries Less, and Loves Deeply by Bonnie Compton
- I Just Want to Pee Alone by Kim Bongiorno et al.
- I Heart My Little A-holes by Karen Alpert
- Breathe, Mama, Breathe: 5- Minute Mindfulness for Busy Moms by Shonda Moral-is
- Mom Truths by Catherine Belknap and Natalie Telfer (March 12, 2019)
- Mom Up: Thriving with Grace in the Chaos of Motherhood by Kara-Kae James
- Mom Set Free- Bible Study Book: Good New For Moms Who Are Tired Of Trying To Be good Enough by Jeannie Cunnion
- Desperate: Hope for the Mom who Needs to Breathe by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson
- Strong Mothers, Strong Sons: Lessons Mothers Need To Raise Extraordinary Men by Meg meeker
- Confessions of a Domestic Failure: A Humorous Book About A Not So Perfect Mom by Bunmi Laditan
- 100 Days of Brave: Devotions For Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self by Annie F Dowans
So if you’ve read one these books or have any recommendations, feel to drop a comment below.
Love, Amy ♥